Admissions outside the normal admissions round

All applications for admissions to the school other than those for admission to Reception class in September are In-Year transfers or applications.

Should you need to apply for a school place outside the normal admissions round, you will need to complete an ‘Application for Change of School (In-Year)’ form which can be found below or can be obtained from the school office.  You will also need to complete and return the school’s Supplementary information form together with supporting documents – birth certificate, baptismal certificate and recent proof of address such as a council tax bill or utility bill.

Once your completed application has been received, it will be considered by the admissions committee of the school’s governing body at their next meeting.  The admissions committee meet at regular intervals throughout the school year.  You will receive a letter from the chair of the admissions committee regarding the outcome of your application.

If they are unable to offer a school place, your child will be placed on the waiting list for the year group for the remainder of that school year.  Waiting lists are discarded at the end of the academic year but you can ask for your child to remain on the waiting list for the next academic year by informing the school office in the summer term.

You have the right to appeal against the governors' decision not to offer a place to your child.  Any appeal must be made in writing and returned the school.  The appeal form may be obtained from the school office and must be returned within 20 school days from the date of notification of the governors' decision.

Any appeal will be heard and decided by a panel completely independent of the school.  There is no guarantee that any appeal will be successful.