ARCHDIOCESE OF BIRMINGHAM
ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER: Start date September 2022 (or earlier)
LEADERSHIP GROUP PAY RANGE: starting from L5 – L8
St. Mary’s is a successful and highly respected Catholic Primary School, in Harborne, Birmingham. We are a mixed, over-subscribed, 2-form entry Catholic Primary School for children aged 4-11, with capacity for 420 children. Our Catholic ethos is embedded in all that we do, and we strive to ensure that our pupils’ experience of Catholic Life is rich and meaningful. We are proud to share a unique relationship with our neighbouring parish of St Mary’s, and indeed the wider community of Harborne.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher who is firmly committed to the Catholic mission, ethos and values of our school.
The successful candidate will have:
- the ability to demonstrate commitment to the Catholic mission, vision and values of the school through their leadership;
- a determined and resilient track record for leading school improvement;
- strong communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with pupils, parents, staff and the wider local community;
- the passion and skills to support teacher development and learning so that all pupils can reach their full potential;
- the skills to build upon the exemplary standards at St Mary’s, with the ability to develop standards across the whole curriculum.
- an Outstanding, well-established school with an exceptional Catholic ethos;
- happy, well-motivated children from diverse backgrounds who are proud of their school;
- a dedicated, talented and experienced team of staff;
- a supportive and committed governing body who are fully engaged in the life of the school and its stated aims and objectives.
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd May 2022 at 12:00pm
Interviewing: Friday 13th May 2022 Assessment/Interview
For an applicant pack please e-mail email@example.com
Only CES applications forms will be accepted. Completed applications forms should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above closing date.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.