Online Safety highlights the importance of educating our children about the benefits, risks and responsibilities of using a variety of technology both in and out of school. It promotes safeguarding of children and young people in the digital world. It makes sure that children know how to use technology in a safe and positive way.
At school your child is protected when accessing the internet:
- Children are taught about appropriate content during Computing and RSE lessons.
- There is Internet filtering through the Birmingham Firewall.
- Forensic software on our school network system captures screen shots and logs inappropriate use.
- Virus Protection.
- Internet Matters - a guide to help you through the many issues children can experience when using the internet.
- ThinkUKnow - learning resource for children.
- Childnet International - for primary children.
- Childnet International - for teachers and professionals.
- BBC WebWise - short films introducing topics such as how to use the internet, mobiles and keeping safe online.
- CBBC Own It - games and videos to support Online Safety Learning.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: Parental Controls
- See It Report It - this website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
- Report Online Terrorist Material (gov.uk) - report illegal terrorist information, pictures or videos you’ve found on the internet. Your report will be treated anonymously.
- Children’s Online Safety Test | Virgin Media O2